2022-07-29-progress report 7


I enhanced the ASR generation from last week.
  • Now ASR have both "TemplatedFunctions" as well as "TemplatedSubroutines".
  • The TypeParameters of Templates are now populated.
  • Visiting Function in the symbol_table_visitor now results in either Functions, if there are no TypeParameters used, or TemplatedFunctions if one, some or all TypeParameters of the surrounding Template are used.
  • The TypeParameters of TemplatedFunctions and TemplatedSubroutines are also populated with only the TypeParameters that those functions and subroutines use.
I met with Ondrej and he created this pull request that is a combination of my first two PRs, which contain ASR generation.
  • Then I rebased the 3rd PR on top of the one Ondrej created.
  • Finally I started working on instantiation of templated. Particularly the parsing and AST generation of instantiation. I read through this document to get an idea of required syntax for templates. 
  • The actual implementation is  a work in progress, but I should be able to complete it quickly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GSOC 2022 - LFortran - Implementing Generics